> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More info...
Login | Register

More info...

Posted by LJ on August 4th, 1999 10:37 AM
In reply to I say try it by Ron on August 4th, 1999 10:20 AM [Go to top of thread]

Did I mention that the linoleum tile is probably 20 years old, and is 2 layers thick? I'm assuming I'll have to sand that area, unless someone knows some neat screening technique i can use?

I don't believe any work has ever been done to this floor, which is why I'm a little surprised it's in such good shape. Since the floor is over 30 years old, I should assume it is a oil-based poly, right?

I tested the floor (as another website suggested) by scraping diagonally across (a small discreet section) it, and no residue came up. This should mean there's no wax coating on it, right?

This was an estate sale, (meaning the former occupant(s) died, so there's no way to conteact the prior owner and get more info on this floor.

I just thought of another thing: since the flooring is so old, is there any reason why I'd want to refinish it, to replace the old finish? Like i said, it looks to be in great condition, excepting those spots.

This is my first house, and i'm very nervous about screwing it up. I suppose you're right in just going ahead and trying to fix those spots... it wouldn't hurt!

Thanks for the quick response Ron!! I've been stressin over this one!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC