> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More info
Login | Register

More info

Posted by Sarah on February 16th, 2001 04:46 PM
In reply to Hmmmm ... by Jay J -Moderator on February 16th, 2001 10:38 AM [Go to top of thread]

We do not have a dehumidifier or a humidifier. We do not do much cooking/boiling. The dryer is out in the garage vented outside. The bathroom has a window. We do not have a ventless heater. We have a fuel oil heater that heats (not steams)water that runs through baseboard waterpipes. The heater was checked out in the begining of the winter and they checked all the pipes for leaks and there were none. The problem is that we can not see the mold. We can smell it. The drywall is not soft. We took a hammer and tapped the area that the smell is coming from and nothing is soft. There is no water stains on the carpet or walls. We remolded another room in the house and the isolation and studs in that room had some mold on it. we took a solution of bleach and cleeaned the area and replaced the insulation and drywall. The smell in this room was gone. Now in the livingroom we have the same smell (almost 3 months later) We don't want to rip down the drywall in this room until we can pinpoint were the problem is coming from. We are afraid to tear down this room before we know how to fix the problem. We do not want to rip out all of our walls in the house. I hope this gives the information that I did not tell you. I hope you have some ideas for me. Thanks

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Well ... by Jay J -Moderator  2/16/01 08:48 PM
  • Thanks by Sarah  2/16/01 09:34 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC