> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More Info
Login | Register

More Info

Posted by Andrew on November 19th, 1999 03:21 PM
In reply to Some Help ... by Jay J on November 19th, 1999 02:39 PM [Go to top of thread]

Jay J,

Thanks for the response. Here is some more info: The house has hot water baseboard heating, so no house humidifier. I don't believe that the house is overly humid, but if you have any simple tests I could perform to determine the humidity, I'm willing to try. We have no plants in the window, and the roof actually hangs over approx. 2', so I am unsure about installing an awning (I also don't think an awning would do much for the appearance of this particular house!) There are lots of trees out front, but not so many that we don't get any light. The window is in the living room, which has no ceiling fixtures. I could easily put one in, but we're not sure we want to put a ceiling fan in the living room. I know I am not providing much help! One of my thoughts was to try to treat the curtains with something, but I am obviously wary about discoloration. These curtains cost us about $800 incl. installation, and I would hate to have to replace them. As it is, the cleaners shrunk them enough to require that we re-hem them with a smaller hem! Anyway, I think I am out of options, unless you know of any good sources of information regarding fabric treatments. Any other ideas? My wife is upset about the possibility of going back to blinds in this window, and I hate to think that we wrote that check for something we can't use!

Thanks again,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC