> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More Help ...
Login | Register

More Help ...

Posted by Jay J on August 10th, 1999 07:53 AM
In reply to jet dry by Carol on August 9th, 1999 10:39 PM [Go to top of thread]

You didn't mention if you have well water or public water to your home. If it's well water, perhaps an analysis at the local university can tell you what's in it. From there, you can contact the mfgr. and tell them to see if they have any ideas on what to do. IF it's public water, ask your neighbors if they have the same problem. If not, maybe it's the detergent? If so, then the water analysis is where I'd start.

If you have a 'mix' of different glasses in your cupboard, put one of each of, say, 5 different glasses in there and see if they all come out the same way. It's a stretch but maybe the quality of the glass has something to do with 'holding' the water / detergent / stuff to itself. Do you know if the water is getting hot enough, or at all? And do you have this problem when you wash the glasses by hand? My $$$ says it's either the detergent, the cleaning 'process', or something in the water.

I'd start by asking my neighbors to see if they have the same problem and what detergent they use. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC