> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > more heat needed in basement
Login | Register

more heat needed in basement

Posted by Lorna on March 5th, 2003 08:56 PM
In reply to Electrical -- Baseboard Heaters --Single/Double Pole by afelder on July 17th, 2000 10:54 AM [Go to top of thread]

I have a cold basement. I have an open planned home with high valuted ceilings and I recently had the heating guys in and they installed 2 more cold air returns downstairs, also made 2 more hot air vents and it is still cold downstairs. they changed my thermostat so that it has a blower switch on it and they say to leave the blower on all the time and this will make the house more even in temperature. It does a bit but it is still cold downstairs. The sun shines during the day and upstairs is warm so that furnace doesn't come on. I am thinking now that maybe a couple of baseboard heaters in two of the rooms downstairs would make a difference while we are down there. My question is: Is is better to have a baseboard heater profesionnally wired in for 240 V instead of buying one and just plugging it into the existing plug in which would make itt 120 V? Could you please advise me on this and possibly suggest anything else I could do? Do electric fire places give off much heat? I won't put a gas one in because there are too many doors and rooms downstairs and that would only benefit one of the 4 rooms.
Any advice?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC