> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > more...
Login | Register

Posted by jb on October 31st, 2001 11:38 AM
In reply to Moisture on windows in Morning by Sired1 on October 30th, 2001 07:40 PM [Go to top of thread]

I am assuming that you are in a relatively cold part of the U.S. and that this happens when it is probably below 40* outside and you have the heat on, also that you have at least double pane glass in your windows. If this is all true then I would guess that you probably have too high of a humidity level in your house. Do you run your exhaust fans when you take a bath or shower or do a lot of cooking? Try it and see if it does the trick. I would buy a hygrometer (approx. $30) to see what your relative humidity is. 30 - 40 % is a normal range. Target indoor humidity also depends on the exterior temperature. See the article and graph at:

Do you use a vent free gas fireplace? These produce a ton of water vapor inside your house. If this is the cause then use it for shorter periods of time.

You might end up wanting a heat recovering air exchanger for your house that recovers over 80% of the heat and exchanges outside air for adequate ventilation. This might be overkill we can't tell.

Your Clothes dryer might not be venting correctly.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC