> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More ...
Login | Register

More ...

Posted by Jay J on August 11th, 2000 07:38 AM
In reply to best way to clean hardwood floors by P Nyquist on August 10th, 2000 07:49 PM [Go to top of thread]

If you just had the floor installed, or had it installed recently, go to the contractor or any Retailer that sells your flooring. Ask for Care and Maintenance Instructions. Or, go to the manufacturer's WEB site (if you know who the mfgr. is), and see if there is a copy on-line. AT worst, e-mail or call the mfgr. for the info.

Generally, if you use water, you'll dull the finish. Today, there are various finishes for flooring and, as with my flooring, you don't use any water to clean the floor. To 'preserve' my warranty, I buy the manufacturer-recommended cleaner for as long as I'm in warranty. Once I'm outside the warranty, I buy a less expensive cleaner (that's the SAME thing.) Like an after-market cleaner.

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: If you know the previous owners, see if they know who installed the floor, or at least who 'made' the flooring. The flooring 'style' (or model) is useful too. Maybe the Realtor can 'find' the previous owners. Usually, they know where they moved to. And if you want, have the Realtor make the phone call to the previous owners for you so no one is 'uncomfortable' ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC