> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > More ...
Login | Register

More ...

Posted by Jay J on June 21st, 2000 02:49 PM
In reply to adjuster by Tom on June 21st, 2000 02:12 PM [Go to top of thread]

I'd be cautious to say that a private adjuster is not necessary. Yes, one could hire a contractor (for a similiar fee) where the fee is deducted from the cost of repair, to do an estimate. As for how a private adjuster charges, that can vary from place to place. In some state, for example, the fee is limited to a certain percentage of the estimate. For others, it's a flat fee.

What I have seen, mostly in areas where there is substantial damage as a result of hurricanes, tornados, and/or earthquakes (among others), is that the contractor is not 'schooled' in how to do an assessment. It's a similiar analogy that I recommend to people that they ULTIMATELY use a Home Inspector to check out a home IN ADDITION to their best friend's assessment, where their best friend is, say, a general contractor. (Just using this as an analogy and an example.) Neither here nor there, situation depending, do one or the other or both.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC