> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > MORE ...
Login | Register

MORE ...

Posted by Jay J on April 17th, 2000 07:50 AM
In reply to ASHI inspection by bc on April 11th, 2000 12:16 AM [Go to top of thread]

The FHA inspection is FHA's inspection. All it, basically, does is assess the 'risk' for the loaner, ie., FHA. It certainly protects their interest but I would still get an ASHI-Inspection. Remember, YOUR home inspector will look after YOUR interests. And get a Real Estate Attorney too to protect, well, YOUR interests.

regina in IL is right. No one can do much about anything from here. Spending a few hundred $$$ is nothing compared to the money you'll be spending when you buy your new home. Figure the Monthly Mortgage x 12 Months x 30 Years (or whatever.) A few hundred $$$ is a drop in the bucket!

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: I'm neither a Home Inspector nor an Attorney of any sort. You haven't heard the tip of the iceberg when it comes to, "Well, no, I didn't have the home inspected but how can I fix my rotted foundation. I can't afford to move and my house is falling apart!" For me, it's just another sob story to talk about over beers.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC