We recently purchased a home and have a discovered a moldy almost urine type smell in a small toilet room.
Upon closer inspection, the smell comes from the wall behind the toilet. Nothing seems wet, but the smell does not go away.
We tried bleach, pet disinfectant and soap.
On the other side of the wall (outside of house) was the A/C. The A/C has not worked in years, so I doubt the smell comes from there. However the copper piping did come into the wall from there, and when I took a smell down that shaft, it was really strong.
I removed the wall paper, and while wetting the wall the smell developed stronger.
What can I use to treat the walls with to reduce the smell? Should I seal them? Can I spray something inside the walls to kill any possible mold that might have grown in there?