> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Mold removal
Login | Register

Mold removal

Posted by Bret from Washington, DC on April 16th, 2003 12:26 PM

We purchased a fifty-year-old house that has had prior water damage and flooding in the basement. We recently had the basement waterproofed, contracting a professional to install a French drain system. When they installed the drains, they ripped off paneling along the bottom of the walls exposing a significant mold buildup underneath. Subsequently, we were told by a home inspector that it is not "toxic mold," but rather it is dormant regular mold and not a health risk. However, it is difficult to remain down there too long without sneezing and getting watery and itchy eyes. It has become clear that we will need to get rid of this mold.

So my question is: is this a job I can do on my own? I have seen advertisments for "toxic mold" removal, which I learned is very expensive to have professionally done, but this mold is not toxic.

Thank you for your help!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

  • mold by Charles Mays  4/16/03 06:16 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC