My wife and I wanted to purchase a brand new house. We hired a house inspector who found a lot of mold on practically all surface of the subfloor in the basement. There was no leaking whatsoever in it. Most probably the plywood was stored outdoor under the rain. The inspector took some air samples using special equipment to analyze mold pores. Even if mold will be non toxic we don't know whether we should buy this house. Buy-the-way what does the mold in your basement look like ? Did you know about any paint or other means to "seal" molds on the wood ?