> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Mold on Basement Wall-Can I save?
Login | Register

Mold on Basement Wall-Can I save?

Posted by Bob D on August 20th, 2001 02:06 PM

Hi all!

I am building a new house that will have a finished basement inside. I unfortunately have gotten water in my basement a couple of times during the building process. I am pretty sure I have the water problem fixed now but I have mold on the drywall on the bottom of some walls which got wet. Is there any way I can save the walls? Maybe scrub the mold off then apply a coat of Kills-2? They are already finished walls and I am not looking forward to getting out the drywall tools again.

BTW : I had posted my water problem in an earlier post and got some very good ideas from the responses. I was looking to create a portion of the back yard that would be graded slightly lower than the average grade of the land around me then try and drain it with some sort of pump. I was afraid that bringing up the grade so that I could properly grade away from the house to lower ground would make the finished basement look to much "underground" and cover up the natural light. Both posts cautioned me against fighting the laws of gravity with a complicated powered drainage system which had the opportunity to fail. In the end I decided to KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) and bring the grade up. I am now very confident that we made the right decision and are surprised that the basement still gets plenty of light and looks absolutely fine. Thanks for helping me make the right decision!

Bob D

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC