I have a mold/mildew smell in my house. I hava finished basement that is the den. Off of that room is another room with the oil tank, and behind that is a dirt crawl space.
I haven't got a clue where the mold/mildew is coming from, but the smell is predominant in the basement (den)
I have tried to find moisture, and spraed areas with a Lysol Mold/mildew spray. I also have just started a de-humidifier. Still the smel has not gotten any better. (or any worse)
Any suggestions short of tearing off drywall in suspect areas.
P.S. We have never had this before in the past 5 yrs that we have been in the house, but we did have a big snowfall this year,. I was careful to keep snow away from the walls of the house.