Our builder is framing our stick built home with wood that is tained with black mildew and mold. He says it is ok. I believe it is inferior lumber and NOT ok. I am afraid it will leech thru the drywall and cause MAJOR damamge down the road. I am very allergic to mold and mildews. Not only that the walls he used this on are the bathroom and laundry room! HELP!? Also, will studs that are split, etc. cause problems down the road with termites, etc? I am a first time home builder, buyer in a county of country builders with no building codes. At least I knew enough to get firewalls! Thanks for any answers.