> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Mold in New Const.
Login | Register

Mold in New Const.

Posted by Scott on September 4th, 2002 08:57 PM

Some may remember I posted some months back about seeing "black stuff" all over drywall fire walls built between units on many const sites I have worked over the years.This "black stuff" then gets covered up and is in your new town home,condo or apt,for you and your family to enjoy at no extra charge.Well, for the first time in my 20plus years in new const,the Building Dept. of the town I am working in now has demanded that the MOLD be removed from the surface of said drywall and if it appears to have entered the drywall in any way the drywall will have to be removed.This removal will cost big$$$.I follow this mold issue closely not only because I build homes for people to raise families in and I like to think that they are safe,but I have a family member who had her three kids go to High School in St.Charles IL(which was closed because of toxic mold).She now has many health issues with her kids. No body wants to accept responsabilty or step up to set standards or regulations,not at State or Fed levels.So I guess it is up to the HOME BUYER to demand it from the builder,and they should because as of now no one else is watching out for them with this issue.Comments---Opinions--- Sorry for the soapbox.Luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC