I have a Mold problem in the crawl space. Initially when the house was built their was no vapor barrier and I left it that way, until I found some wood rot. The guy who came out suggested that I place some plastic barrier about 1' away from the foundation covering the ground, which I did. However the mold that had grown in the meantime has remained. It is pretty much on all the joists in the crawlspace.
I tried some full strength bleach on a few joists and in minutes they looked great! However because I used full strength I rinsed the joists with water after about an hour.
My questions are :
1-Is it better to use Bleach or a Bleach/Water mixture, will this hurt the wood?
2-Has anyone used a product called TimBor, and if so is it any better than bleach?
3-I believe the moisture is coming from possibly an underground spring, what is the best way to alleviate this issue?