> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > mold in basement
Login | Register

mold in basement

Posted by grasshopper on October 23rd, 2002 10:37 AM
In reply to mold in basement by marisa on October 8th, 2002 11:39 AM [Go to top of thread]

Get a relative humidity meter from Radio Shack or Wal-mart and check the relative humidity in your basement. The relative humidity should be less than 50% RH all the time. This may require removing +5-8 gallons of water a day during the humid times of the year. This is more than the typical residential dehumidifier is capable of. After maintaining less than 50% for a couple weeks, check for condensation. If moisture is present behing the vapor retarder, then remove the retarder.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC