> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > mold and mildew
Login | Register

mold and mildew

Posted by bc on September 26th, 2000 09:50 AM
In reply to Musty Smell in a mattress by Ellen F. on September 25th, 2000 05:05 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

The musty smell is from mold and mildew which can be killed with bleach. However, they also can cause many illnesses and respitory propblems for people who are close to it and breathe the spores.

I don't think you can get it out of a mattress but I suppose you can try any of the suggestions given. Call your health department on this. Best bet may be to toss this old mattress and buy a new one. An area health department recently condemned an entire house cause the mold and mildew was in the walls and floors. The family had major health problems for years and didn't realize what the cause was.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC