> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Mold
Login | Register


Posted by John on January 8th, 2003 04:58 PM
In reply to Mold on ceiling by Scott on January 7th, 2003 06:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

I'm far from an expert on mold but I'm sure that is is related to moisture. When moisture (water vapor) is in the air in a gaseous state it wants to condense, it condenses on cold surfaces. I'm sure the mold grows there as a result of water vapor. If you can remove the water vapor either through heat or air movement I would guess your mold problem will disappear. If its a painted or porous surface the mold or bacteria that it grows from may be growing as a result of trapped water vapor on that surface. Perhaps if its a closed room like a bathroom you need a bigger exhaust fan. Or you can nail a new 5/8" drywall ceiling on top of the old ceiling and increase the density of your ceiling. The heat transfer rate would slow down and the moisture probably wont concentrate there anymore.

Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC