> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > mold
Login | Register


Posted by Pam Wright on June 28th, 1998 06:59 PM
In reply to moldy basements by Barb F. on June 28th, 1998 06:43 PM [Go to top of thread]

We had mold growing in our basement when we moved in. At one time, there had been about an inch of water in the basement, and mold was growing where the water had been (on paneling, etc.) To get the mold off, I scrubbed each spot with a brush.
A dehumidifer may work wonders for you keeping the mold from growing once you remove it. It has done the job for us. Also, my dryer is in the basement, and we made sure it was vented properly to the outside. I never hang wet hand wash in the basement either. Anything you can do to keep moisture out of the air will help.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC