> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Moisture Sources ...
Login | Register

Moisture Sources ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on February 15th, 2001 04:57 PM
In reply to Moisture in my home by Sarah on February 15th, 2001 11:03 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Sarah,

First, go with what Dave 225≶/b> suggests. Then, start thinking ...

Do you do a lot of stove-top boiling/cooking? Is your dryer being vented into a crawlspace or basement? Have you added another bathroom/shower? Is your humidifier set above 40% (assuming you have one)? Is your dehumidifier working properly (also assuming you have one)? Is the mold/mildew problem occurring around 'appliances / bathrooms / and such' where a lot of moisture is generated? Do you have a ventless gas / gas log / propane stove now?

Other than these 'thoughts', then you need to add a dehumidifier to get rid of the moisture. Sometimes, and I say sometimes, it's best to let the moisture into the main house, then get rid of it via a dehumidifier. If your home is tighter now due to new siding or roofing or insulation or vapor barriers being installed recently, then your 'problem' would be somewhat normal.

Those are my thoughts. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: PLEASE get back to me / us to let me / us know if any of the questions I / we have raised happen to 'trigger' something in your mind. From there, we can be more specific as to what you can consider doing to 'fix' the problem ... (Your Post will get buried right-quick. If it does, e-mail me directly or Post a new question refering to THIS post ...)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC