> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > moisture in crawl space
Login | Register

moisture in crawl space

Posted by earl s on November 27th, 2000 06:43 PM
In reply to Thank you by MikeB on August 9th, 2000 03:02 PM [Go to top of thread]

My mother is haveing the same problem with moisture under the house. I am also from Eastern N.C. and Mike you are right. The humidity and moisture around here at times is unbeleiveable. I have been reading your post and unfortunately I can't do number 1 or 2 of your solution. The crawl space, if you call it that, is only big enough for a really skinny person to fit in. We have had someone come in and put plastic on the ground under the house to help prevent vapors from the ground. We can't drain any better than what we have due to the design of the house. I am in the process of getting a dehumidifier for the house but that is not fixing the problem. It is only hiding it. The moisture is so bad that it beads up on the walls and ceiling and literally drips off. I don't know anything else to do but suck the moisture out from under the house. The moisture is only a problem in the winter. Then the problem disappears. We have closed up the vents like everyone has told us but still, there is condensation on the walls. I appreciate any input.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC