> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Moisture in Craw Space
Login | Register

Moisture in Craw Space

Posted by Ron Leininger on July 12th, 2004 07:57 AM

My questions pertains to the craw space under my addition I built in 1996. This addition was built on the north west corner for the house. It is 24' x 24' and has a craw space of 5 blocks. The craw space has gravel down and then black plastic over it. They put 2" styrofoam against the block walls. They put pink insullation between the floor joist with the foil agains the sub floor. So the pink is facing the ground. I have foundation vents in the west side of the room, two there and one on the north side with my foundation window opening on the north side. That is open in the summer for ventilation. The problem is: When it gets humid outside the sides of the styrofoam get damp and the surface of the pink insulation in between the floor joist get damp. When there is no humidity it is ok. It has been humid for the last week here in Ohio, and last night it rained. So I decided to check the insulation this morning. It was damp. I don't know it the rain had anything to do with it or not. I have fans under the house to circulate the air when it gets like this. When it drys out it is ok. I sure would appreciate some help.
Thanks for your time.
Ron Leininger
210 Cole Street
Jackson Center, Ohio 45334

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC