> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > moisture content
Login | Register

moisture content

Posted by Stuart Cracraft on October 24th, 2002 05:26 PM
In reply to Moisture coming up from concrete slab floor by Kelly on June 29th, 1998 03:31 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi -- I have moisture meter which indicates a moisture problem at a particular wall. After drying out the wall with a portable heater to points where the moisture meter reads reasonably, it intevitably goes back up after a few days. On the outside side of the wall is a narrow row of plants. The plants are watered via a newly installed trickle-hose sprinkler method. All water has been removed from hitting the side of the home by sprinkler (which occurred) and the lowest wood plank on the outside was replaced even though it didn't look bad at all. Regardless, I am still getting high moisture readings inside on a 4-foot-stretch of the interior wall and am wondering if water is simply coming through my concrete slab and vaporizing into the wood that makes up the wall that is vertically sitting on the slab. If so, what can I do? One possible clue: the lower part of the wall (the moist part) feels warmer to the touch than the same wall higher up. The carpet immediately below on the floor doesn't feel warm. I only have the plants watered once a week and only for a couple minutes at a time. My home water meter is not increasing so I do not think there is a general leak. I am wondering what I should do about this. --Stuart

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC