> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > moisture barriers and drain line systems
Login | Register

moisture barriers and drain line systems

Posted by C Warner on September 14th, 2000 12:15 PM

I am about to purchase a stucco/tile roof home in the town of Clayton in Northern California. The structure is cast concrete perimiter foundation with intermediate wood beam & post on pier support framing.

The home inspection and termite report showed the sub area soil damp to wet with some fungus on soil & a few posts.It appears surface and storm waters accumulate in this area from time to time especially during winter rain season. They recommended vapor barriers on soil surface as well as maintaining a positive slope out and away from foundation side walls and adding a drain line system. Also the current owner waters the lawn too much and hits the house with the sprinklers excessively. - noted in report.

Can you recommend some reading or information on moisture barriers? Do they work? What exactly are drain line systems and how much can they cost? My current home is nice an dry underneath & I am afriad I may be getting into more problems with the drainage issues.

Any suggestions. Are their special drain companies that will do home inspections for drainage?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC