> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > moisture barrier
Login | Register

moisture barrier

Posted by tomh on February 21st, 2003 02:08 PM
In reply to Vinyl siding by Tim McLane on February 21st, 2003 12:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

The primary vapor would be on the inside wall either as faced insulation or plastic under the drywall. You still need a moisture barrier to stop incidental water from entering from the outside and protect the T-111. I like Tyvek because it doesn't tear, but it would be less expensive to use 15# asphalt felt (start at the bottom and lap as you go up.

There is a great installation guide on the web at

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC