> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > moisture
Login | Register


Posted by Terri Roberts on March 9th, 2003 11:21 AM

Our house is aprox. 25 yrs old. We have a big problem with mildew in lots of places. For instance, I have books in a bookcase and mildew/mold will form on those books. It also forms on the bottoms of wood furniture. One of my neighbors has this same problem but other neighbors don't. Our house is not in a low spot, it is actually high. Someone suggested a dehumidifier for the house. If the dehumidifier is the answer what kind and how big? Another suggested putting a roof fan in the brick at the end of the house to keep air moving under the house. We've been under the house and there is no standing water or anything like that. Can someone help us with this problem?


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC