> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Modified thinset
Login | Register

Modified thinset

Posted by Mongo on April 20th, 2003 01:17 PM
In reply to Thanks by Carl on April 20th, 2003 08:57 AM [Go to top of thread]

Many of the thinsets avertised as "flex" are simply modified with an acrylic latex modifier.

You can buy modified thinset, or you can buy plain old thinset and add a latex modifier. It replaces part of the water when you mix. Latex modifiers are sold in 1-5 gallon jugs at home centers.

I'd still use CB as a break between ply subfloor and the tile.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC