> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Mitsubishi U56 VCR user manual
Login | Register

Mitsubishi U56 VCR user manual

Posted by Matthew Swift on April 18th, 2003 09:21 PM
In reply to Mitsubishi U56 VCR by Angie Owens on December 15th, 2002 12:48 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 2 people found this post helpful

I have this manual (and VCR). I could scan parts of it for you. The manual is a pretty good one, but it is very verbose. But programming it to record shows is menu-driven and almost self-expanatory. You need the remote: press "menu" I think, and you get an on-screen display; then generally you use the jog wheel to select values and "click" the "adjust" ring to the right to say "enter" or "next item". It's pretty intuitive. You can set the clock, select the channel list, program to record. One thing I got burned on once is that the recording programs take effect only when the machine is "off": I programmed up something once and since the program was starting in just half an hour I left it on and it just sat there. The "one touch program" key on the console operates as follows: first push is like normal "record" (i.e., record indefinitely), second means stop after 30 minutes (and something like 30 should appear on the console readout), next push means 60 minutes, and so on, wrapping back around eventually to simple "record" (indefinitely). Without the remote, that's all you can do. If you still want this manual, write me at my last name at "alum" plus "mit" plus "edu". You could also try contacting Mitsubishi. If your VCR ever fails, try out Mine failed for the first time in maybe 10 years a few days ago -- wouldn't spit out a tape. That site has specific information on this model (and many others) which allowed me to fix it within half an hour. Definitely the kind of site which makes you like the Internet.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC