> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Mine is too
Login | Register

Mine is too

Posted by Jon in IN on March 12th, 2003 02:59 PM
In reply to heat pump noise by kris on March 10th, 2003 04:30 AM [Go to top of thread]

My 2100 sq ft house is heated with a heat pump. I have mixed feelings about it. It has cost me $600 in the past 5 years in repairs - new compressor and a new condensor fan. Both should last another 10 years or so though. My unit is a Coleman and it is pretty noisy too. Every Ht pump I have been around is noisy but I am no exert. I am a good neighbor though, fact is my nearest is about 3000 yards away and we are separated by dense forest. I am with deecee, go to the guy and be constructive, see if he will see the light, could be there is a noise ordinance. For instance while I lived near Chicago 5 years ago) my a/c condensor crapped out, while the new one was being installed a home inspector type person wondered by to see if I knew that the local rule said a/c condensing units (central air) were required to be in the back yard. My old one was in the side yard. It was no problem for me to relocate it, my neighbor probably was grateful. I lived there 10 years and we never met!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC