> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Milk Chute
Login | Register

Milk Chute

Posted by Henry in MI on May 2nd, 2002 01:22 PM
In reply to old milk chute by Nora on May 2nd, 2002 10:58 AM [Go to top of thread]

Nora, that's also my wife's name, but if she has a problem with a milk chute, it's at her other house or life. LOL

There are several ways you could handle this, depending on how your talents run. Since the brick is strictly decorative, not suructural (it doesn't hold up anything except more brick)there is really no reason why you couldn't throw some brick in there. A little mortar mix from a home center or you could ask at the brickyard about buying small quantities of mortar from them already mixed.

Get some Bag Balm at the vets or big box retailer for your hands too. Works great for keeping your hands in shape after working with concrete. With about $10 worth of other tools, you will be set.

Another way is to make a box from wood. Without seeing it, I can't give you total directions but you can post a picture at another DIY site easier than here. I hang out on the board at Wick's Weekend Warrior's Forum,

If you really get motivated, you could get some sheetmetal from a heating place and cover the wood with sheetmetal to give it an authentic. Our daughter, now an aging Mom, did a shop project in high school of making a jewelry box out of sheetmetal and soldering it together. That was centuries ago and fire was pretty hard to control since it was new (Laughing), but she managed to solder it without a major catastrophy. (Roaring laughter) I can laugh now but I sure couldn't then.

Let us know which way to go if either of these sound interesting. There's some other talented people at Wick's also, so do post there with a picture. Wick would be glad to help if you have problems. will get you to his home page and e-mail. You may have to click off the page of ads, the "price" of a free site.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC