> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Mildewcide
Login | Register


Posted by Jeff Lambert on March 21st, 2003 10:16 PM
In reply to Thanks by Billy on November 26th, 2002 05:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

I suggest that you use a lead-based paint. Oh, not available! Well lead is a very good mildewcide.

Seriously, I wonder if the surface is mold infected. You stated that the paint was sanded to the wood. Perhaps sanding all of the mold and rot in the wood is necessary. Given the long term mold growth, the mold is imbedded deep in the wood. Covering active mold growth with paint is not effective in the long term. The M1 additive is effective if added correctly in the proper proportions.

Good luck.

Jeff Lambert

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC