> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Mildew
Login | Register


Posted by Steve Jones on July 6th, 2000 02:13 PM
In reply to Treating moisture-damaged wood under a house by Mike on July 6th, 2000 12:45 PM [Go to top of thread]

Your sistering system is the best method on areas where the damage is serious. I would use the sister 2x6 in Wolmanized Presure Treated wood. I would spray the mildew old wood with only bleach and let it dry out very well. Bleach and dryness is the key.

Screw the sister boards together on both sides to the old wood.

You seem to have a good handle on the program,

Good Luck,


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC