> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > might be worth trying to fix it one more time...
Login | Register

might be worth trying to fix it one more time...

Posted by LJ in TX on January 18th, 2002 08:07 PM
In reply to leaking faucet by erin on January 17th, 2002 05:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Erin, Steve is right ...if still leaking after replacing the valve stem rubber washer then all thats left that can be bad is the valve seat. here are a set of instructions for replacement of a worn valve seat that I copied and pasted from this site:,2058,2934,FF.html

If both the washer and O-rings look good, use your finger to check for rough spots around the valve seat inside the faucet (figure J). If the seat is damaged, the faucet may not make a watertight seal even with new washers. Use a specially made seat-wrench to remove damaged seats, and replace them (figure K

As it says above ,,it takes a special wrench that can be bought, I believe, at hardware stores like Home Depot and Loews. If not, any good plumbing supply house has them for sure.... I believe the valve seat wrenches are a standard size but ask at the stores. Both Bob and Steve may be correct that this wallmounted faucet may not be repairable. I searched the web and looks like wallmounted kitchen faucets cost around $100 dollars. I have never tried changing one of this type out but it must be feasible to.....If you have given up on repair of your old might consider paying a handyman or plumber to change it for you. at least get an estimate or he could even tell you if your old one was repairable if you didnt want to mess with the valve seat. hope this helps. LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC