> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Michelle, how long has this been going on?
Login | Register

Michelle, how long has this been going on?

Posted by LJ in TX on February 22nd, 2003 02:58 PM
In reply to Toilet flushing problem by Michelle on February 22nd, 2003 02:45 PM [Go to top of thread]

if you are comfortable that he snaked it out well ...and there should not be a blockage. then perhaps the vent stack for the toilet has a blockage--a possibility too!!. I have a low gallonage toilet that was installed about 3 years ago and it never will flush completely unless you hold the flush handle down until the bowl evacuates completely. one of the regular plumber or someone on the board has suggested that perhaps the flapper valve is faulty and needs to be changed out with one that will stay floating longer to allow the tank to more completely dump into the bowl to assist in the flushing operation. have you noticed that your flapper tends to close back down too soon, like mine, therefore not allowing enough of the tank to drain intot hewl to assist in a more thorough flush?? try holding your flush handle down until it flushing completely...see if this works.....if so you may have a similar problem to me...and need a correct flapper replacement (the type, like made by Kohler that causes the flapper to float up longer and allows a better flush. post back with more info. LJ

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC