> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Measure,cut,and reframe....
Login | Register

Measure,cut,and reframe....

Posted by Scott on June 23rd, 2002 06:18 PM
In reply to installing replacement windows by Rikki Two Trees on June 23rd, 2002 01:25 PM [Go to top of thread]

is usually all there is to it....Except,when you have new windows that are larger or smaller than your exesting rough opening.As Steve mentioned outside trim may need to be installed.You may also need to reframe R.O.with longer headers if your new windows are wider than the old ones.Drywall will need to be replaced;taped and trim put back up.There are as many different types of "replacement "windows as there are windows out there.What I have described is the way to install new windows where old ones were,some replacements are made to fit in existing frames of old windows,if the condition of the old frames allows,these are just new sash and hardware.The word replacement,in my opinion,means take old out,put new in,no cutting,no framing.These would have to be custom made to fit.Hope I didnt confuse the issue.Please post back with any ????This is usually a big investment for any homeowner but the paybacks are great if done right.Luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC