> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Maytag Repairman?
Login | Register

Maytag Repairman?

Posted by rslezak on July 25th, 2004 02:01 AM
In reply to Maytag repairmen by not able to wash on July 19th, 2004 08:53 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Maytag Answer to Most Posts - Class Action Settlement by Handyman on 11/29/2004

That moron (repair man) sounds typical; blame it on the homeowner. I for one read the manual, which by the way was very brief. I also watched the video, which spent more time touting the product than giving actual advice on its proper operation.

The fact is I have a 3.5 year old Maytag with a bad Control Board, the repairman told me to "throw it out" by the time I paid for labor and parts I'll be close to 50% of the price of a new machine.

I called Maytag asked it was reasonable to accept having spent 2000 dollars on a washer and dryer combo only to have it last less than 4 years.

I got a run around as expected but one Customer Service person alluded to a possible cash reimbursement. I asked for his ID and name and he started back tracking a bit. But it was something nonetheless.

Not sure where to proceed from here, I will never buy anything from Maytag again unless they do something. I need a good faith display of some sort. Even the appliance store where I bought it wasn't too sympathetic; you'd think he'd offer a discount on a new machine.

His only response was that Maytag is dropping prices in August... and then recommended a Fisher Paykel washer as being very economical.

I inquired about signing on to a class action suit; I don't expect much from that either, some lawyer will make a ton of money and sprinkle down a few dollars to the consumer level.

Back to the repairman guy, he sounds like someone sent out from the mother-ship to counter these type of forums, I've seen them before in other posts. Paid by Maytag to deflect criticism, why else would he by shouting obscenities to everyone here instead of having some compassion and understanding!

Best of Luck to All!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC