> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Maytag Neptune Washer - Two Generations of Door Latch Problems
Login | Register

Maytag Neptune Washer - Two Generations of Door Latch Problems

Posted by CG on June 22nd, 2004 02:45 PM
In reply to Facts from someone in the know by The maytag man on January 17th, 2004 04:56 PM [Go to top of thread]

2 of 3 people found this post helpful

Moderator Post:
> Maytag Answer to Most Posts - Class Action Settlement by Handyman on 11/29/2004

I bought the Maytag Neptune Washer when first introduced. Had door problems with the door popping open shortly after the cycle started, but the washer would stop and wait for the door to be closed again. This was a constant problem during the 6 years I owned the unit and was never fixed. March 2004 I had to buy a new washer and the Maytag dealer reassured me the door latch failure was a design flaw that had been fixed and I would not be experiencing problems with a new Neptune Washer. I purchased a new Neptune March 20, 2004 and on June 20, 2004 (exactly 3 months to the day) the door popped open only this time the washer did not stop filling with water. My house flooded before we investigated the sound of running water in that part of the residence, so much water it flowed over the threshold to the garage and flooded the garage. Oak flooring is a total loss, walls are soaked with water, cabinets wet, and garage storage items soaked.

Maytag's reply: We have never had a problem with door latches on the Neptune Washer. Can you believe that!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC