> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Maybe ...
Login | Register

Maybe ...

Posted by Jay J on August 31st, 2000 09:02 AM
In reply to SHOWER DOORS CASING IS COMING APART by K Washington on August 30th, 2000 09:24 PM [Go to top of thread]

If you can remove both doors, bring them with you to a Kitchen & Bath Retailer. You can call a local Plumbing Supply House (found in the Yellow Pages under PLUMBING - SUPPLIES), and ask them if they know of a place that EXCLUSIVELY sells Bathroom 'stuff' (in the least.) (In my area, there's a Kitchen & Bath store right next to a Plumbing Supply House. How convenient!)

If you can only remove 1 door, do measure the WIDTH of the stationary door. (Its HEIGHT is the same as the door you removed.) Then, measure the entire 'opening' that the casing sits in. Take the door(s) and the measurements to the Store. You may luck out but then again, ask about your 'options' if there isn't an exact 'fit'. (They may be able to 'shorten' them or something, and re-use them if your Mom permits it.)

Other than that, maybe someone else has something to offer. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

PS: After this afternoon, I won't be back until Tuesday morning but others will be 'around' ...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC