> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Maybe ...
Login | Register

Maybe ...

Posted by Jay J on August 22nd, 2000 08:05 AM
In reply to Repairing and removing paint from shower stall by Sheila Wharton on August 21st, 2000 08:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

Take a sample to a Paint Retailer (found in the Yellow Pages under PAINT - RETAIL) and have it analyzed. Tell them it came off of a fiberglass shower stall. Tell them you want to remove it. Go from there on their advice ...

I'm gonna bet 2 things. 1) WHat you find under the paint is gonna be lousy. (That's pretty much, maybe, why they painted it. 2) If it was in good condition when they painted it, they probably had to 'scuff' it up for the primer to adhere. (In this case, it will look lousy too.)

In short, what was once a maintenance-free shower stall has turned into one that now requires maintenance. (This is why I don't fully understand why people create more work for themselves.) If you repaint it, take a lesson now - You'll be back at it in short order. My unsolicited $.02 is for you to buy a stall who's color and style is to your liking, and enjoy it as is! Yes, it will cost some good money but it's money that's well-spent!

My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC