> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > May need a structual engineer..
Login | Register

May need a structual engineer..

Posted by Jason on April 13th, 2002 06:12 PM
In reply to weight bearing wall that bows out! help! by Brian on April 13th, 2002 10:33 AM [Go to top of thread]

Greetings Brian,

After much contemplation, I think you may have a need for a stuctural engineer.

Here is my thinking on this;

In order to have an outside, load bearing wall, bowing out, I would think an inside load bearing wall, may have been removed or never built!

I believe the outside wall is bowing because it can't handle the weight of the structure.

In order to resolve your problem, you should bring in a pro that can add up all of your loads and determine what you options are.

The cost may be a few hundred bucks, (depending on your area), but it is well worth it to get the right answer.

Good luck,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC