> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Matching texture/surface on an old plaster wall
Login | Register

Matching texture/surface on an old plaster wall

Posted by Sal on December 1st, 2001 04:10 PM

1 of 3 people found this post helpful

I've got 75 year old home with gorgeous plaster textured walls that have cracks which I'm repairing. Question is, what tool(s) did they use to create the texture so I can replicate it. It's a smooth wall with below surface moon craters/pock-like indentations on about 90% of the surface. Can anyone help me determine how they got it that way? A rag doesn't match and a sponge creates above the surface peaks/bumps. These are slightly concave indentations with only slight peaks against an already smooth surface---again, like below surface moon craters. THANKS!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC