> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > matching existing wall texture
Login | Register

matching existing wall texture

Posted by Rick on August 26th, 2001 08:49 AM

I have a home that was built in 1962. I've taken out a wall and need to match the texturing. I can't figure out what they used to get the effect. It's not the traditional "knock down" we see in homes nowdays. It's more like a "ripple" effect. I've tried skimming the texture on and applying a trowel to the surface and pulling it away. That looks somewhat like the effect I want but now close enuff.Does anyone know of some good sites that may help me or perhaps somebody knows how this is done. It's hard for me to explain in words what this texture looks like.Any help will be appreciated!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC