> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > matching colors
Login | Register

matching colors

Posted by catherine on November 21st, 2002 08:43 AM
In reply to Paint Match by Lauren on October 28th, 2002 05:52 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

I am in the midst of a paint problem. I want to use RL eggshell "County Cork" on my walls but just discovered they do not make an oil based paint that I can get in the same color to use on mt radiator covers. My paint store tells me that if I use a latex on this surface the heat will cause chipping. Is there an additive that can be used in the paint to make it adhere better to a surface that gets hot. I believe they don't make an oil because of environmental reasons which I understand and support, but don't radiator covers exist in the Ralph Lauren world! Also, my painters (who are an experienced group) asked if they could use Benjamin Moore because they prefer it over RL, and they said they could match it exactly. By my paint store said they couldn't match RL colors when I tried to buy a BM oil color matched to the County Cork for the radiator covers. Anybody know who is zooming who?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC