> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Martha
Login | Register

Posted by steve jones on May 25th, 2000 02:11 PM
In reply to Isn't this just Wonderful??? by Martha on May 24th, 2000 10:41 PM [Go to top of thread]

Martha, thank you for the nice welcome. I am truly flattered that you read and saw my postings on USAContactor. Thank you for the nice comments.

Martha, in response to your invitation, I will be up there as soon as I get all my soaker hoses in place and operating for my summer foundation watering event.

All kidding aside, last year I spent over $20, paid by my insurance company, to re jack up my foundation due to decreased density of my good ole clay soil. One room sunk two inches lower than the center of the home where the water level test was done. It broke several in the slab water lines and really caused problems. Did you know that they never entered my home. All the work was done by tunneling.

These summers in Texas are brutal especially during a four year drought. We got to 110 yesterday and its not even summer.

Please no symphany required, we are just used to it. But I did get amused at a comment about how we do have to water our foundations. I actually did not know that that was not a standardized process.

Learn something new each and every day.

Martha, I am honored to meet you and to know a person that knows Bob.

Your Friend,

Steve alias "soaker hose"

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC