> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > many ways to do it
Login | Register

many ways to do it

Posted by Steve K on February 15th, 2001 06:19 PM
In reply to Attaching frame to basement concrete floor by Charles on February 15th, 2001 01:14 PM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 1 people found this post helpful

You have quite a few options. I will agree though, that I've never heard of a license being required to use a hilti or ramset gun. At least for a homeowner. One option is tapcons, they are baically screws designed for concrete. Very strong and require only a 3/16" hole. If you don't have too many to do a heavy duty 3/8" drill should handle it without much trouble. Tapcons will probably cost around 25-30 cents apiece. Another option is hardened nails, if your concrete is old I would predrill to use these. Much cheaper to use though. A very inexpensive option is to drill a 3/16" hole like for tapcons but instead drive two 16 penny nails side by side into the hole. Drive them at the same and they will wedge tight and have surprising holding power. You're really only concerned about lateral movement anyway and they will keep the plate in place until your walls are up. Another option would construction adhesive. You would have to wedge the plate in place until the adhesive sets up but it's very effective and won't hurt your ears.
Steve K.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC