> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Many thanks Jay, but each person IS still entitled to his/her preferences.
Login | Register

Many thanks Jay, but each person IS still entitled to his/her preferences.

Posted by Steve Jones on July 26th, 2000 05:10 PM
In reply to Night vs. Day ... by Jay J on July 26th, 2000 01:27 PM [Go to top of thread]

Jim Sparks, we seem to live in the same city. Dallas, Texas. Good to hear from you.

Jim, every one is entitled to his preference or opinion based on his/hers experiences with the product and especially the tech. assistance.

I have been using Sherwin, Ben Moore, and Kelly Moore for over 12 years or so and actually never had one complaint or problem with the paint. Just like you, if you like Behr or whatever, and have never had any problems with them, you will stand behind that product and its service.

I do take great pride in my work and what my customers think of the outcome. If they are not happy, I don't get paid and if its worth the time to apply your brand and confidence in the product then why not use it.

Jim, seems that you are upset with my comments and if you are, so be it, I will not loose any sleep over it. I just like for customers to use a paint that is worth their money and time in applications.

There is not reason for you to take offense to what every I say about my preference in paint or paint products. I am only passing on my experiences with that brand or brands.

I am not on any payroll or compensation program with Sherwin. When is the last time that you had a paint dealer come out to your job site to assist you in anaylizing a paint prep problem? When is the last time that a paint dealer came out with a product to test on your specific situation to see if that would help you.

For instance, i was painting metal corregated building that had been on fire from the inside. The heat blistered the paint on the outside and changed the composition of the metal exterior.

I needed assistance and advice on what to use to adhere to the surface and to get a coverage worth the money that I was being paid for the job. SW came out and brough out samples of products to assist me and we did a job on site test.

now, Ben Moore, and Kelly would have done the same, but i know that there would not be any home center or hardware store that would give a $#&^.

So, as I have been doing on this site for 6 months or so and on another Contractor site for over 3 years, I will continue to lead customers on name brand paints and if need be i will toot SW horn.

No Problem.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC