> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Major Screw Up with Bath Romodel
Login | Register

Major Screw Up with Bath Romodel

Posted by Poor Planner on March 23rd, 1998 12:06 PM

I recently decided to remodel my small Master bath. As you enter this room it had a small wall hung sink and toilet just in front of you and 32X32 shower stall off to the left. It was an ugly dark pink color and needed to be updated badly!

I measured out the room and went to my local Home Depot. We picked out a nice cabinet and corian counter top. The counter has the built in sink along with an extension called a "banjo" which will extend over the toilet tank. ( Both sides of the top will butt the side walls) Everything was ordered and delivered already.

Since then I did the demolition and construction. We retiled the shower stall and laid down a new ceramic tile floor. All original rough in were left in place. We were not altering their layout just updating he fixtures.

Here is the real problem. The wall where the sink cabinet and toilet will go is only 47 inches across. The cabinet is 24 inches wide. this leaves 23 inches for a toilet. I found one where the tank is 19 3/8 inches wide which should fit. The problem is with the waste drain. It is 14 inches from the right side wall. On the opposite side it is 9 inches from the cabinet. The toilet will not fit properly.... What the hell do I do???

I can't move any walls!
I just put down a new ceramic tile floor so I can't move the drain with out removing the floor!
I can order a smaller cabinet but I can't return the corian counter top!
I can't cut the corian to fit - What I take off the left side I have to add to the right side - then the sink will be of center by a few inches!
I can't throw out ( or even sell) the $725.00 counter top!

What am I missing? Any suggestions??????

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC