> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > low water pressure/water flow in downstairs bathroom faucet only
Login | Register

low water pressure/water flow in downstairs bathroom faucet only

Posted by Need Help on April 28th, 2003 10:38 AM
In reply to a start by bc on December 6th, 2000 11:43 AM [Go to top of thread]

1 of 2 people found this post helpful

Hi. I had the same low pressure/minimal water flow problem with my bathroom faucet; exclusive only to this one area of the house. I read your reply about removing and cleaning the screen on the faucet. Before I did this, I carefully turned the circular, protruding portion of the faucet that holds the screen using protective pliars, thinking that the whole piece might unscrew. It was very slow going, and I was only able to complete about one full rotation. However, this turning seemed to increase the water flow significantly. Why do think this is? I stopped at this point and, when I went to remove the small, circular screen, I found five screens altogehter, one on top of the other! Is this normal? I did clean them, although they weren't particularly dirty, and reinserted all of the screens. Is it necessary to have more than one screen? Also, why would rotating the the circular mounting help to increase the water flow? Should we contiue on trying to remove it completely? (The only problem here is that there is paint flaking around this area with each rotation due to the pressure of the pliars). Many thanks for your help.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC